All North Carolina Produced Fiery Foods are encouraged to attend.
The 13th annual Hot Sauce Contest will be held on Saturday, September 14, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Come sample and purchase barbeque and hot sauces, and locally crafted products. You will not want to miss the food-trucks, selected crafted brews, unique sounds from Who Shot John and Love Tribe, witness the pepper eating contest and cheer for the 2019 named best sauces.
This year should be bigger and better than ever and all the activities will certainly spice up the blends and texture of downtown’s historical streets. There is so much to do this year and the event continues to grow.
Here is a sampling:
- Festival open from 11:00 am - 6:00pm
- Who Shot John Band 11:00 - 1:00 at Main Stage
- Sauces Registered by 11:30 at the Hot Sauce Contest Stage on College Street
- Pepper Eating Contest starts 1:00 - 2:00 (must register at Pepper eating stage by 12:00 to participate)
(Win $1,000 first prize or $300.00 second prize...if you can stand the heat)
- Love Tribe Band 2:00 - 5:00 at Main Stage
- Hot Sauce Winners will be announce by category hourly starting at 2:00 pm on the Hot Sauce Contest Stage
- Granville County Museum open from 11:00 - 6:00
- Granville Gardeners Plant Sale
- Activities for the kids on Williamsboro Street
The North Carolina Hot Sauce Contest has transformed the community and the downtown into a
“Smoking Hot Family Oriented Day” bringing thousands of people into Oxford. We hope you will
come out and support this event.
City of Oxford, North Carolina