All North Carolina Produced Fiery Foods are encouraged to attend.
The 14th Annual Hot Sauce Contest will be held on Saturday, September 20, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Come sample and purchase barbeque and hot sauces, and locally crafted products. You will not want to miss the food-trucks, selected crafted brews, unique sounds from Love Tribe and Carolina Soul bands, witness the pepper eating contest and cheer for the 2020 named best sauces.
This year should be bigger and better than ever and all the activities will certainly spice up the blends and texture of downtown’s historical streets. There is so much to do this year and the event continues to grow.
Here is a sampling:
- Festival open from 11:00 am - 5:00pm
- Love Tribe Band 11:00 - 1:00 at Main Stage
- NEW THIS YEAR - BLIND TASTE JUDGING - all Sauces for the contest must be PRE-REGISTERED WITH A MAIL STAMPED BY 8/31/2020 WITH JUDGING CATEGORY MARKED WITH SUBMISSION
- Pepper Eating Contest starts 1:00 - 2:00 (must register at Pepper eating stage by 12:00 to participate)
(Win $1,000 first prize or $300.00 second prize...if you can stand the heat)
- Carolina Soul Band 2:00 - 5:00 at Main Stage
- Hot Sauce Winners will be announce by category starting at 2:00 pm on the Pepper Eating Stage
- Granville County Museum open from 11:00 - 6:00
- Granville Gardeners Plant Sale
- Activities for the kids on Williamsboro Street
The North Carolina Hot Sauce Contest has transformed the community and the downtown into a
“Smoking Hot Family Oriented Day” bringing thousands of people into Oxford. We hope you will
come out and support this event.
City of Oxford, North Carolina